Apple and Peas, are combined for a dog approved treat! These disappeared fast!
Apple and Pea Dog Treats: Are tasty for dogs!
Such a simple and all-natural, dog treat recipe. I had left over, canned peas in the refrigerator. I also had a soft apple, that I didn’t want to toss in the trash. I smashed the peas, and grated the apple. Added an egg, oil, baking soda and flour. Mixed into a dough. Rolled the dough out, on the counter. Used a small cookie cutter, to cut out the treats. Baked in a 350F degree oven, for 45 minutes.
These two, approve!
Pepper the Yorkie, is sitting and being patient. She couldn’t wait to eat her treat! She was very focused, and her eyes were on the prize! Then we have Duke… Well, his mouth. He was ready to eat all of the apple and pea dog treats! The treats have a nice crunch, which dogs like.
Apple and Pea Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup smashed peas ( I used canned peas)
- 1 large apple – grated
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all- purpose flour
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet, with a non-stick cooking mat. Or spray the baking sheet, with non-stick cooking spray. Set the baking sheet, off to the side. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg and canola oil, together. Add in the smashed peas and grated apple, mix well. Stir in, the baking soda and flour. Keep mixing until a dough forms. Use your hands to knead together, for 2 -3 minutes. Sprinkle in more flour, if the dough is too sticky.
Step Two: Flour the kitchen counter, and roll out the dough. The dough should be rolled out to a 1/2 inch thickness. Use any size or shape, cookie cutter. (The yield amount: Will depend on the size and shape of your cutter.) Re-roll, any scrap pieces. Place on lined or sprayed baking sheet. You can place them close together, on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven, for 45 minutes. Allow to cool inside the oven, while oven is turned off. Cool completely, before giving to your pet. Can be stored in a dog treat container, on the counter.
Note: Before storing – Allow to sit in the oven, over- night. This will make sure, the treats are completely dry.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016