Apple and bacon flavor dog treats hit the baking urge, this time.
When the baking urge hits, I just can’t resist and need to get in the kitchen. Sometimes we have enough sweets already. So, I end up baking dog treats. The dogs couldn’t get enough of these simple apple and bacon flavor dog treats. Made with three ingredients. All three dogs loved them and kept wanting more. Used a real apple that was on the soft side. Instead of tossing it in the mulch pile, I turned it into dog treats.
Don’t forget to save that bacon grease, from your weekend, egg and bacon breakfast. Your dogs will be happy you did!
These apple and bacon flavor dog treats baked up into a delicate crunch. They weren’t hard and crunchy; more of a light, flaky, soft crumble. Perfect for pups of all ages.
Just waiting for some apple and bacon flavor dog treats.
I had the dogs waiting for the treats to cool. Like Hennessy, our husky mix. She was so sweet, waiting and waiting. Her cute face makes it hard to be mad at her when she pees in her bed. Yes…she pees in her dog bed! I don’t get it. They have a doggie door to go in and out when they need to.
And then Pepper, our yorkie, was also waiting…
Apple and Bacon Flavor Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup bacon grease
- 1 grated apple – with peel
- 2 cups flour
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Get a large cookie sheet out and set aside.
STEP TWO: In a medium mixing bowl, heat the bacon grease in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix grated apple and flour into the bacon grease. Form into a dough. Roll out onto a floured work surface. Roll to 1/8 – 1/4 inch thickness and cut out shapes. Place on the large cookie sheet (they can be close and touching eachother, they won’t spread.) Bake in preaheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely, before giving to your dog.
Note: These treats will bake into a light and flaky texture, with a soft delicate crumble.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories! Your dogs just might be doing the treat dance for these apple and bacon flavor dog treats!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016