These apple cider cinnamon rolls are full of fall flavor, and then topped in a sweet icing . We love cinnamon rolls! You’ll get apple cider flavor with fresh grated apples, in the dough. It’s almost like the grated apples just melted into the dough, when baked. These are also made with white whole wheat flour. Don’t let that fool you, because these apple cider cinnamon rolls, baked up fluffy.
Landon and I, ate two as soon as they were iced. They are so good! I was able to get 16 rolls from this recipe.
Here in our new house, Landon, was excited to play in the leaves. He had me rake a big pile, so he could jump in them. He had fun and came indside to eat more apple cider cinnamon rolls!
Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls – Makes 16 rolls
- 3/4 cup warm apple cider
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 small peeled and grated apples
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margerine – softened
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 cups pastry flour (all-purpose will be fine)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 Tablesppons butter or margarine – softened
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar
STEP ONE: Pour the warm apple cider, sugar and yeast into the bread machine pan and allow to sit for 5 minutes (this helps activate the yeast). After the 5 minutes, add the reamaining ingredients for the dough. Close lid and set on dough setting. Allow the machine to fully combine the ingredients and run it’s cycle. Grease a 13×9 inch pan and set aside.
STEP TWO: When the dough cycle is complete, punch down dough. Flour your work surface with flour and roll out 15 inches by 15 inches. Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar for the filling. Spread the softend butter or margarine over the dough and evenly sprinkle the cinnnamon and brown sugar mixture on top. Roll the dough into a log, it should measure about 19 inches long.
STEP THREE: Cut the log in half. Cut each half into 8 cinnamon rolls. You should have 16 rolls total. Place the cut rolls into prepared pan and allow to rise for 30 minutes. Once they have risen, preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Loosely cover the cinnamon rolls with foil (this will keep the rolls soft and prevent them from getting overly browned). Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before spreading icing on top.
STEP FOUR: While the cinnamon rolls are cooling, prepare the icing. Mix up all the icing ingredients – milk, melted butter, corn syrup and powdered sugar. The icing should be spreadable. If it’s too thin, add a little more powdered sugar. If the icing is too thick, add a little more milk. Spread over the top of slightly warm cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
Note: Best if eaten the same day. You could heat up in the microwave for 10 – 15 seconds.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016