If your dog loves to crunch on apples, they would love these apple dog treats!
Homemade dog treats are fun and easy to make at home! The kids can help make these treats too!
Grate an apple and scrape it into a bowl. Landon was happy to use the scraper!
Add an egg to the grated apples and follow with the bacon grease and water. Mix well with a whisk.
Once the wet ingredients are mixed together, it’s time to add the flour.
Once you’ve added the flour, mix it into a dough. Now, you can get ready to roll out the dough for these apple dog treats. Flour your work surface area, to prevent the dough from sticking.
Place the dough on floured surface and dust the top with flour before rolling. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough.
Roll out the dough to 1/4 -1/2 inch thickness. Prick with fork when finished rolling out the dough. Cut into desired shapes. Bake at 350 F for 30 – 40 minutes, or until browned and crunchy.
Our dogs loved these apple dog treats!
Apple slices are a great treat for your dog. Apples are full of fiber, vitamins C and A. The apple slices are crunchy and help to clean your dogs teeth. Don’t feed the apple seeds to your dog. The seeds can make them sick, if you plan on giving apples to your dog as a regular healthy treat.
Our dogs just know when I’m baking them fresh homemade dog treats! They just know! I’m so glad that they love the treats that I bake for them! I know they are healthy and made without any preservatives or crazy ingredients. They smell really good too! Sometimes, when you buy dog treats they just smell funky? Even the dogs turn their noses up at the funky smelling store bought dog treats. Not these! They smell good and the dogs won’t turn up their noses for these!
- 1 grated apple
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Get out a baking sheet, set aside.
- Combine grated apple, egg, bacon grease and water into medium mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the flour to the apple mixture with wooden spoon. Use your hands to form into dough.
- Flour your work surface. Place dough onto floured surface and sprinkle the top with more flour.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch -1/2 inch thickness. Prick entire dough surface with fork. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheet. (you can place them close together, they wont spread)
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until browned and crunchy.
- Make sure the treats bake up crunchy. If they still feel soft in the middle after they have cooled. Just place back in oven. Continue to bake for 10 - 15 minutes at 350 F.
- I like to turn oven off and keep the treats in oven after baking. Just keep an eye on them.
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016