We’re big fans of donuts in our home. Baked, fried, vanilla, chocolate, donut holes, sprinkled, glazed and icing drizzled. Donuts are good little sweet things! These blueberry donuts were baked in my donut maker and topped with a nice honey glaze. I bought a large container of local Michigan honey. I love this stuff! I use honey in my tea, smoothies, on top of cottage cheese, in baked goods, on fruit, and with a spoon.
The blueberries were on sale and I bought a few too many packages. I did freeze some for smoothies and baked with the rest. If you need another way to use up your blueberries, you can make this Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake.
The blueberries were pureed to evenly distribute the blueberry flavor. These baked blueberry donuts were slightly tinted blue, from the blueberry puree. Also, little flecks of blue showed from the skins of the blueberries. Pretty little things, showing off their blueberry skins. Honey is baked right into these donuts to make sure you get a hint of honey, in every bite.
My cute little donut maker was able to create 20 little donuts from this recipe. I really like my donut maker. It bakes only five donuts at a time. It bakes them pretty quick though. Our son, Landon, and I, ate ten… Alright, mostly me. They were just so tasty, I couldn’t stop. Plus, they were on the smaller side, so I really only ate 2 donuts. Okay..
These baked blueberry donuts behaved for this photo shoot. Not like my “diva” pumpkin cream layer cake.
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter - melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries - pureed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- few dashes of nutmeg - about 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/8 cup corn starch
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat donut maker. Or, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar and honey together. Add the milk, egg, pureed blueberries and, mix well. Add the sifted flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and corn starch. Mix together until combined, don't over mix.
- Bake in batches for the donut maker. Bake 5 minutes a batch. Cool on wire rack .
- If baking in the oven with donut pan, bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine all ingredients until a smooth glaze forms. Dip tops of cooled donuts into the glaze and allow excess to drip off wired racks. You could also spoon icing over the tops. If any glaze is left over, just spoon over the tops - for a second coating.
Go bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016