Banana chocolate chip muffins, are a delicious snack! Ripe bananas, get baked into a yummy batter and mini chocolate chips get tossed in!
Bake a batch of banana chocolate chip muffins..
We gobbled these muffins up, so fast! I have made two batches, in a week! They’re easy to make and taste awesome! Our son, Landon, wanted a muffin in his lunch and another muffin, for his snack. I don’t blame him… I would grab one to eat, with my morning coffee. I would also snack on one or two, in the afternoon.
You’ll need two ripe bananas, to make a batch of 12 muffins.
Great for sporting events and practice.
You can bake a batch of banana chocolate chip muffins, and pack them up. They can be wrapped in plastic wrap, or a plastic baggies. They travel well, too. Perfect for after school practices! The kids can have a healthy snack, to refuel after a game. My husband and I, coach U8 soccer (under the age of 8). One thing, that the kids look forward to, is having a snack after the game. With a hydrating juice box, these would make a wonderful snack!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – Makes 12 muffins
- 2 ripe bananas – mashed
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tablespoons (to sprinkle on top)
Step One: Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners, set aside. Cream together the melted butter and sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Whisk together and mix well. Scrape in the mashed bananas, and whisk into batter. Add in the baking powder, baking soda and both flours. Mix together, for 2 minutes. Pour in the 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips, stir to distribute into batter.
Step Two: Evenly divide batter, into the 12 lined muffin tins. With the remaining 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, sprinkle them on each muffin. Place in preheated 400 F degree oven, and bake for 10 minutes. (Don’t remove the muffins form oven.) After the 10 minutes is finished, turn the heat down to 350 F degrees. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, a few minutes. Carefully, remove the muffins and place on a wired cooling rack. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016