Basic ingredients for a quick, and easy, banana bread. Nothing complicated here… Just mash. Mix. Bake. And enjoy!
Basic Banana Bread
Banana bread is so easy and tasty. We often have bananas in the house. I love bananas! We eat them raw, make smoothies with them, and I love to bake with them. Our son, likes to eat frozen banana chunks, as a snack. We love eating peanut butter with bananas, too! Mmmm… A peanut butter and banana sandwich is the best! (Except my husband, he doesn’t like peanut butter.)
With basic everyday ingredients, you can enjoy this bread with your family.
Here’s what I did:
I preheated the oven to 350 F degrees. I sprayed a standard loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside. I mashed 3 ripe medium sized bananas, into a bowl. I whisked in 2 eggs, cooled – melted butter, and sugar. I made sure to whisk very well. I added in the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour. I used the whisk to fully incorporate everything together. (Don’t over mix the batter, or it will produce a tough bread.) I poured the basic banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. I baked it for about 1 hour. And that’s it.
Basic Banana Bread – makes one loaf
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter – cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a standard loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. Mash the ripe bananas in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the eggs, cooled – melted butter, and sugar. Add in the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour, whisk well. (DON”T OVER MIX)
Step Two: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread the batter in the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Tip: To check if bread is fully cooked – carefully remove the bread from oven, insert a knife directly in the middle of bread. If the knife comes out clean, then bread is done. If knife comes out with gooey batter, it needs to bake longer.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016