These big and thick double chocolate chip cookies were a huge hit in our house! Packed with mini chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips! Made with white whole wheat flour. I used brown sugar and powdered sugar in this recipe. We love cookies here in our home. I can easily eat half a batch of homemade cookies. No, seriously I can and I will. So, I decided to create a recipe with less fat and sugar. Well, here it is!
I’m really not a fan of cakey chocolate chip cookies. I will eat one, if I have to. Just saying..
Anyway, I’ve made tons of chocolate chip cookies and have been disappointed. Chocolate chip cookies should not be cakey! That’s my opinion on that. The trick to these is to flatten them out. Think like… making a hamburger patty. Perfect! If you don’t flatten them, they will slightly puff up. Trust me on this ok.
Never mind the chipped finger nail polish. Carry on and admire this big and thick double chocolate chip cookie! I know you want to pluck off that little piece of milk chocolate morsel. Admit it!
And guess what this cookie is perfect for? Yes, you guessed it! Dunking in a cold glass of milk! They truly are perfect for milk dunking.
This is a cookie that may give you a problem. Ok, this is a pretty big cookie and what happens to big cookies? Sometimes they don’t fit in the glass of milk. I know, I know…that’s a deal breaker. But you’re a problem solver, right? Here’s how we can solve this “problem”. “Nom..nom..nom!” (Cookie monster eating cookies!) You know the sound.
Even the “Mogwai”, which means baby gremlin (from the movie – Gremlins), enjoyed eating a cookie. I assure you, I did not feed the “Magwai” after midnight! That would have been bad!
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 Tablesoon vanilla
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and shortening 45 sec - 1 min. Whisk together. Whisk in brown sugar and powdered sugar to melted butter mixture.
- Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda and flours, one cup at a time. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Once chilled, allow to come to room temperature and scoop out 1/4 cup of dough. Use your hands to shape dough like a hamburger patty. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes in 325 degree oven. Allow to cool a few minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Makes about 1 dozen large cookies.
- I normally don't have the patience to chill choc. chip cookie dough. You could bake them immediately. I found them to taste better after being chilled. I ran out of time and ended up placing the dough in the fridge, because we had to leave somewhere. The next morning I proceeded to finish baking the cookies and they did taste better after being chilled overnight.
The little “Mogwai” kept sneaking them early in the morning. Oh these would be perfect for a bake sale!
Get out your ingredients and start making this cookie dough! You could be dunking a cookie in a glass of milk near you! Bake up some memories and have fun!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016