Birthday cake chocolate chip cookies, because it’s my birthday today! These are a perfect birthday treat! They’re full of chocolate chips, cake mix, and sprinkles!
These cookies are such a great way to start or end any birthday! You get the birthday cake flavor in a chocolate chip cookie. Lots of fun sprinkles, chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. How wonderful is that? Pretty darn wonderful, if I say so myself.
If you need another fun “birthday” inspired treat, check out my, “Funfetti Birthday Pretzels!” Those pretzels have gone “birthday” wild! You could also make some of my chocolate cake batter fudge! It’s all about celebrating birthday’s here!
SURPRISE! Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies!
My husband’s birthday was also this month. Our son, Landon, wanted to have a “surprise” party for his daddy. The day after my husband’s birthday, we decorated the house and baked “birthday” brownies for daddy. When my husband came home from work, we hid and “surprised” him. Landon was so excited to surprise his daddy. It was cute and we had a nice night together.
Have you ever planned a real “surprise” party? Well, I have and it was for my husband, about 7 years ago. It can be a little tricky. With help from friends and family, we pulled off a great surprise party! He was truly surprised and had a good time with old friends and family.
We had another successful “surprise” party this past weekend. We surprised my husband’s aunt for her big 50th birthday! The big surprise was, my mother-in-law and their older sister. My mother-in-law moved up from Texas this past weekend. The birthday girl was extremely surprised to see her older sisters at her party! It had been a while, since they’ve seen each other. That was another great reason to bake these birthday cake chocolate chip cookies. It wouldn’t have been right, to keep these cookies all to myself.
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter - melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake mix ( vanilla, butter, white, or yellow)
- 2 cups pastry flour - sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- In large mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time to combine. Slowly stir in the cake mix, flour and baking soda. Once all combined, stir in the white/chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- At this point, I scooped 1/8 cup (2 Tablespoons) of cookie dough balls and chilled for 2 days. I made the dough ahead of time and baked when I needed.
- When ready to bake: Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Place refrigerated cookie dough balls on baking sheet. Bake for about 13 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Finish cooling on wire racks.
- Makes about 2 1/2 dozen
- * You could also bake right away. Preheat oven to 325F degrees and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes on pan before removing to wired racks.
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016