We love banana bread! That’s the best part of buying bananas. Sometimes the same banana bread recipe needs to be changed a little. A little variety in the banana bread department is fine with me. Our son, Landon, won’t turn banana bread down, unless it has nuts. He get’s that, from his dad.
This bread still tastes like banana bread. I use brown sugar and maple syrup instead of white sugar. I just bought a jar of local maple syrup and it screamed, banana bread! You know those moments? Ok, maple syrup, ask nicely. And that’s how this bread was made.
Manners go a long way. Wouldn’t you agree?
A nice slice of banana bread toasted and spread with butter over top. Oh yum! What do you mean, you’ve never toasted banana bread? It’s pretty good and you should try it for breakfast. Make a cup of coffee/tea and pour some of my homemade vanilla creamer into your cup. And enjoy with a slice of brown sugar and maple syrup banana bread. A great way to start off any day!
I’m really starting to get hungry again. I may need to grab a snack.
For this recipe, I pureed the bananas. This provides a smoother texture and a moist banana bread. No banana chunks in this bread, but full of flavor! If you prefer a chunkier banana bread, then don’t puree the bananas. No big deal.
If you’re a fan of brown sugar and maple syrup, you’ll enjoy this bread. One of my favorite oatmeal combinations is maple and brown sugar. I like anything that’s brown sugar and maple flavor! The combination of the two just works!
- 1/4 cup salted butter - melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract (Optional)
- 3 bananas - pureed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sifted pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray standard size loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Puree your bananas and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the brown sugar and maple syrup, whisk well. Add the eggs and vanilla, whisk until fully combined. Pour in the pureed bananas, whisk to combine.
- Add sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to mixture. Gently whisk together, to incorporate. Don't over mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting or flipping out of pan.
Grab that loaf pan and bananas, so you can make this brown sugar and maple syrup banana bread!
Bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016