Have you ever made a batch of brownies and for some reason they decide to stick to the pan? Well…I made a batch of my Triple Chocolate Fudgy Brownies and half the pan stuck to the bottom. Not my favorite thing…(Sad face). I plated the nice ones that didn’t stick and thought about a way to use up the ones that did stick. As I was eating the delicious brownie pieces, I thought of brownie granola bites! Good plan!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! Today, I was looking over the video footage of our son, Landon, opening his Christmas presents. So exciting to see his happy face and discover that Santa came and ate the cookies we left for him. Plus, Santa dropped off presents! Guess who decided to steal the spotlight in the very first minute of the video? Hennessy, our husky mix. Not in the cute adorable way. Nope! In the video, I’m asking Landon questions, this and that about Santa. Then I notice our dog, Hennessy, right behind Landon scooting her behind across the carpet! Really!?! How did I not notice this? No joke. It wasn’t off in the distance and in the dark. She was caught right behind Landon on Christmas and on video… That darn dog!
Sweet Landon, is just sitting there excited and smiling about Christmas. Ahh…the memories.
Brownie Granola Bites
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips)
- 1/4 corn syrup
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1 1/2 cups brownie pieces chopped
STEP ONE: Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with foil, set aside. In a microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the butter and chocolate chips to melt. Melt for 30 seconds in microwave. Stir and combine the corn syrup and mix well. Add in the oats, rice krispies and brownie pieces. Stir well and pour into foil lined loaf pan. Press down firmly and cover the top.
STEP TWO: Place in the refrigerator until fully cooled, about 15 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and pull out the brownie granola bites using the foil. Cut into bite sized pieces. Store in the refrigerator inside an air tight container.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016