Get ready to sink your teeth into these cake batter granola bars! Holy sprinkles… You get to have your “cake” and eat it too!
Cake Batter Granola Bars
I’m very excited to share these fun granola bars! Especially, since it’s my birthday! And… every birthday should involve sprinkles, in one way or another. So, I thought these delicious little gems fit the part. Now, you can make them at home for all those special people in your lives.
Here’s what I did:
I preheated the oven to 350 F degrees. I lined a 9 x 13 pan with foil, and lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. I set the pan off to the side. I mixed together the quick cooking oats, crispy rice cereal, and cake mix (dry). Poured in a can of sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. I stirred the mixture, evenly coating the oats, cereal, and cake mix. I added in the sprinkles, and gently mixed with granola mixture. I scraped out the mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 pan. I evenly, pressed the mixture down in the pan (spray your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray). Making sure to press down firmly. I baked the cake batter granola bars for 20 minutes. I allowed the bars to cool, and removed them from the pan, using the foil. I sliced them into 1 x 4 inch bars.
Cake Batter Granola Bars – Makes about 18 bars
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup vanilla cake mix (dry)
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup jimmy sprinkles
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with foil, lightly spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Set the pan off to the side. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, cereal, and DRY cake mix. Pour in the whole can of sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Stir, to coat the oats and cereal mixture. Mix in the sprinkles, and gently stir.
Step Two: Scrape the granola bar mixture into the prepared pan. Evenly, press the mixture into pan (spray your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray). Press the cake batter granola bars down firmly. Bake in the preheat oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden. Allow the pan to cool.
Step Three: Remove the cooled granola bars out of the pan. Slice into 1 inch x 4 inch bars. Store in an air-tight container, or plastic baggies, on the counter. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016