We love banana bread! Our son, Landon really loves banana bread, too! After Halloween, I had three perfectly ripe bananas that needed to be used. We haven’t had banana bread in a while…banana bread it is! When I said, ” I’m going to make banana bread tomorrow.” Landon’s eyes lit up and he said, “Really? Yes!”. He was excited for our plans to have banana bread. Digging through his Halloween candy, I decided to make candy bar banana bread! Let me tell you, that was a pretty good idea!
One of the delicious ingredients – candy bars! You’ll need 1 cup of roughly chopped candy bars.
I wasn’t able to get the best pictures. The candy bar banana bread didn’t last long and I wanted to share this delicious recipe with you. You get banana and melted chocolate candy bars in each slice. A good way to thin out that Halloween candy.
This banana bread is moist and fluffy. I store my banana bread in the fridge and heat it up a slice, in the microwave for 15 seconds. I also like to toast regular banana bread and spread butter on it.
I used a crunch bar, kit kats, bite size milky way, bite size hershey’s, a bite sized 3 muskateer and a mini twix.
Candy Bar Banana Bread – Makes 1 standard loaf
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup pastry flour (All-purpose flour will work)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of roughly chopped candy bars
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly grease standard loaf pan, set aside. In large mixing bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in the sugar and fully incorporate. Add the mashed bananas and whisk again. Pour in the dry ingredients – both flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until they have been fully incorporated and no dry ingredients are visable. Stir in the chopped candy bars.
STEP TWO: Pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated ove for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow to cool and dig in! Store any remaining candy bar banana bread in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container or baggie.
NOTE: You can save the cereal liner bags and use those to store food in. They also make great freezer bags.
Get in the kitchen and dig into the Halloween candy. Bake up some Memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016