Canned food dog treats are made with four ingredients.
Did you know that you can easily make dog treats from canned dog food? Well you can! Canned food dog treats were hit with our dogs! I don’t buy canned food for our dogs. I had a free coupon for a can of dog food. So that’s how these treats began. You’ll need one 22 oz can of ground dog food (any flavor), an egg, quick oats and flour. I just mixed everything together, made a dough, cut out shapes and baked. Homemade canned food dog treats, all done and ready for your dog.
I had bought these cute little cupcake cookie cutters. I have been wanting to try them. And used them for these treats. Ha! The dogs didn’t care about the shapes, they just wanted to chow down on treats.
The dogs just had these treats stuffed into their Kong toy. The dogs can remove the treats fast from their Kong’s, now! A Kong is a rubber chew toy that can have treats stuffed into it. Dogs love them! It will keep them busy for a while.
This is Duke. He can’t wait to get his paws on the pan of freshly baked canned food dog treats.
Canned Food Dog Treats
- 22 oz can dog food – ground dinner
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3 cups flour
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Get out a large non-stick baking sheet, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg and dog food together. Add the oats, mix well. Add the flour one cup at a time, untill a nice dough forms. Flour your work surface and roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out shapes and place on baking sheet.
STEP TWO: Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. I baked for 2 hours and allowed them to cool in the oven, after the two hours. These are thick treats and you want them to bake up nice and crunchy. Allow to fully cool before giving to your dogs.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories for your dogs!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016