After making a batch of my “Homemade Caramel Sauce”, I wanted to bake something with it. I recommend making a double batch of my homemade caramel sauce.
I had three perfectly ripe bananas on the counter and caramel banana bread, sounded good. I started to work on incorporating the caramel sauce in the banana bread. What a delicious idea! Caramel sauce is swirled and baked right on top. Then you get to drizzle more caramel on top of your caramel swirl banana bread bars! Oh, soo good!
These caramel swirl banana bread bars are really good without the extra drizzle of caramel sauce. We would just reheat them for 10 seconds in the microwave. They make a great after breakfast, coffee treat! Our five year old son, Landon, loved these bars! Plus, they’re made with white whole wheat flour.
Caramel Swirl Banana Bread Bars
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas – mashed
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup warm caramel sauce – (Homemade Caramel Sauce Recipe)
STEP ONE: Make caramel sauce and set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly grease 9×9 inch pan, set aside.
STEP TWO: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the oil, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs together. Add the mashed bananas and whisk well. Stir in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and white whole wheat flour. Combine well and make sure all the dry indredients have been fully incorporated.
STEP THREE: Pour batter into prepared 9×9 inch pan. Spread out evenly. Drizzle the warm caramel sauce over the top of the batter. Use a butter knife to drag through the batter and swirl.
STEP FOUR: Baked in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted center comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into bars. *Optional – warmed caramel sauce can be drizzled over top when serving.
Can be stored on counter, loosely covered for two days. Or, store in a container and place in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016