Sweet dried cherries, and chocolate chunks are baked into a BUTTERY cookie bar. Made with white whole wheat flour.
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Bars
Here’s what I did: I preheated the oven to 350 F degrees. I chopped 1/2 cup of sweet dried cherries, set them off to the side. I creamed 1 1/2 sticks of softened butter with 2/3 cup brown sugar. Poured in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and added a pinch of salt. Mixed well. I sifted 1 cup white whole wheat flour, and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, into the creamed mixture. Stir the mixture together, until all the flour is fully incorporated. I added in the chopped cherries and chocolate chunks. Stirring well.
I used a 15x10x1 inch baking pan. I lined the pan with parchment paper. I pressed the cherry chocolate chunk bars mixture into the pan (using my hands). I pressed the mixture into 11×10 inches. NOTE: You will not cover the entire pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes, or until golden brown on top. I allowed the bars to cool in the pan. I sliced into 16 bars (2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches).
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Bars – Makes 16 bars
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (chopped)
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream the very soft butter and brown sugar. Once the butter and brown sugar are creamed together, add in the vanilla and pinch of salt. Mix well. Stir in the sifted white whole wheat flour, and the all purpose flour. Stir until all the flour is incorporated and a dough has formed. Stir in the chopped dried cherries, and the chocolate chunks.
Step Two: Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with a non-stick cooking mat, or parchment paper. Press the cherry chocolate chunk mixture into the pan. Lightly dampen your hands with water, and evenly press to 3/4 of the pan. (NOTE: I formed it into 11×10 inches . The cookie bar mixture will not cover the entire pan.)
Step Three: Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes, or until nice and golden brown on top. Allow to cool in pan. Slice into 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch squares. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016