Chewy molasses cookies are deliciously spiced, with a hint of molasses in every bite!
Chewy Molasses Cookies
Softened butter, light brown sugar, and a hint of molasses, give these cookies a chewy texture. Adding the perfect amount of spices, creates a delicious cookie. Right before baking, the cookie dough balls get rolled in white sugar. Creating the beautiful crackle tops. You’ll keep coming back for another cookie! They stay soft, and chewy, for days.
Here’s what I did:
I combined the softened butter, and light brown sugar. I whisked in the egg, and molasses. I stirred in the flour, baking soda, sea salt, ground cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. Mixing until a dough is formed. I chilled the dough for 10 minutes. I scooped out 1 Tablespoon of dough and rolled into balls. I rolled the balls into regular sugar, and placed on a baking sheet. I placed them 2 inches apart. Baked in a preheated 375 F degree oven, around 8 – 10 minutes. I allowed the baked cookies to cool on the baking sheet, for 4 minutes. Then moved them to wired cooling racks, with a spatula.
Chewy Molasses Cookies – Makes 3 1/2 dozen (1 Tablespoon cookies)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- sugar (for rolling the dough balls)
Step One: Combine the softened butter, and brown sugar. Whisk in the egg and molasses. Stir in the flour, baking soda, sea salt, ground cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. Making sure all the ingredients have been incorporated.
Step Two: Chill the dough for 10 minutes. Place about 1/2 cup of sugar in a shallow bowl. Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Scoop out 1 Tablespoon of dough, and roll into balls. Roll each dough ball into the sugar, and place on a non-stick baking sheet (I use a non-stick silicone baking mat on top of baking sheets). Space them 2 inches apart on baking sheets (they will spread).
Step Three: Bake in the preheated oven for 8 -10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 4 minutes, before transferring on to cooling racks. Can be stored in air-tight container.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016