Check out these Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies, made with white whole wheat flour! They taste as good as they look. These would brighten up anyone’s day.
Maybe, a great treat to make with the kids this summer! Plus, they won’t even know these, chocolate chip m&m cookies, have some good healthy white whole wheat in them.
M&Ms are usually fun for everyone. Do you have a favorite M&M? I haven’t met an M&M, that I didn’t like! There’s something about these brightly colored, candy coated chocolate shells of happiness. Then add them to cookie dough. Double bonus! Who could resist? Not me!
I have a confession, the cookie dough is really tasty! I just can’t help it. I mean, how could you not want to try this chocolate chip m&m cookie dough batter? I probably eat two cookies worth of dough. Oh well it’s a tasty job and someone has to do it! *wink*
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 white sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks melted butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini m&ms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Use non-stick cookie sheets or non-stick liner on cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Whisk sugars and melted butter in large mixing bowl, whisk very well. Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Mix well.
- Use a wooden spoon to add the flour into the sugar mixture. Combine well. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and m&ms ( *optional - you can save half of the m&ms to press on top before baking).
- Use 2 Tablespoons of dough per cookie. Shape into ball and slightly flatten, add any remaining m&ms on top and press down.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes, or until very lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes and transfer onto wire cooling rack.
- The dough stores well in fridge or freezer. You can make the cookie dough balls and place in fridge for a week. If you need to store them longer, just freeze cookie dough balls. I use both methods and when we want fresh cookies just pull the cookie dough balls out and allow to come to room temp and bake.
Grab a bag of mini M&M’s and bake some fun cookies for your family!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016