Homemade granola bars made with heart healthy oats, crispy rice cereal, and chocolate chunks. A chewy granola bar that holds it shape. All natural and no preservatives!
Delicious chocolate chunks in each and every granola bar!
Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars
These granola bars are an excellent choice to add into everyone’s school lunches. Very kid friendly! You can wrap them up for a school snack, or after school snack-time! But… they aren’t just for kids. I love these chocolate chunk granola bars! I like to store them in snack sized baggies. And stash them in my purse for a quick, and healthy snack.
Here’s what I did:
I lined a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil. I used a large mixing bowl, and stirred together the rice krispies, quick cooking oats, and chocolate chunks. I poured in a can of sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. I used a rubber spatula to mix all the ingredients together. Making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl. I poured, and pressed, the granola mixture into the foil lined pan. Pressing down firmly. I baked them in a preheated 350 F degree oven, for 20 minutes ( or until the edges are lightly golden brown). I allowed the pan to cool, and lifted the baked granola out of the pan. I sliced 16 bars, and each bar was 4 inches long and 1 inch wide. I stored them in little snack baggies, and kept them on the counter. Ready to easily grab and head out the door.
Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars – makes 16 bars
- 2 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rice cereal, oats, and chocolate chunks. Pour in the can of sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Stir everything well, making sure the condensed milk has been evenly distributed.
Step Two: Pour the granola mixture into the foil lined pan. Press down firmly and evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes (or until the edges are a nicely golden brown). Allow pan to cool. Lift the baked granola out of the pan, and slice into 16 bars (4 inches long & 1 inch wide). Can be stored in baggies, or a container with a lid, on the counter. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016