A simple brittle with cranberry and orange flavor. Sweetened dried cranberries, get diced up, and mixed into the sugar mixture. Flavored with orange and vanilla extracts. Makes a delicious, and beautiful homemade brittle. Great for gift giving!
Cranberry Orange Brittle
No nuts in this brittle. Great for people with nut allergies! They can enjoy this sweet cranberry orange brittle. (I think it tastes like cotton candy.)
Homemade brittle is easy to make. It may take a couple attempts to get the technique down. Hot sugar can be tricky to work with. The main goal, is to not allow the sugar to burn. It’s not something you can place on the stove, and walk away from. Don’t be scared, try it! Brittle is made with very basic ingredients. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be the brittle master!
I highly recommend, having all your ingredients measured out and ready. It will make things go a lot smoothly. In a large saucepan, pour in the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Turn the heat on to a medium heat. (Don’t use a high heat. If the heat is too high, you’ll boil the sugar mixture too quickly. And risk the chance of burning it.) Bring the mixture to a boil, this could take 10 – 15 minutes. Remember to stir frequently. (If you have a thermometer, boil until the mixture reaches 300 degrees F.)
Now, turn off the heat. Add in the finely chopped dried cranberries, orange extract, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Quickly stir the mixture. It will bubble up, from the baking soda. Pour the sugar mixture onto a greased and lined baking pan. Spread out the mixture. Allow the cranberry orange brittle to completely cool. Break into pieces, and enjoy!
Cranberry Orange Brittle
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Step One: Grab a large baking sheet, and line with a non-stick cooking mat. Or, use a sheet of parchment paper, grease with butter. Keep the pan close. Have all the ingredients measured, and ready to go. Place the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a large saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon, to dissolve the sugar. Turn the heat on a medium heat, and bring to a boil. This can take 10 -15 minutes, stirring frequently, to prevent the sugar from burning. (If using a candy thermometer, boil until it reaches 300 degrees F.)
Step Two: Turn heat off. Add in the finely chopped cranberries, orange extract, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Quickly, stir together. (The mixture will bubble up, from the baking soda.) Pour onto prepared baking sheet, and spread out quickly. Allow the finished cranberry orange brittle, to completely cool. Break into pieces, and enjoy!
*Measure the cranberries first, and then finely chop.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016