Homemade crunchy and twisty dog treats, for your spoiled pups. Your dogs will come back for more! All natural ingredients are used.
Crunchy Dog Twists.
These crunchy dog twists, are simple to make. Made with 5 basic ingredients, which include: bacon or sausage drippings, unflavored gelatin, warm water, honey and flour. Mix the warm water and unflavored gelatin, together. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Stir in the honey and room temperature drippings. Add in the flour, to form a dough. Roll out the dough, on a floured counter. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 1 inch strips, and twist them right before baking. Bake at 350 F degrees, for 45 minutes.
** No eggs are used, in this recipe. Just in case, any of your pups have an egg allergy.
My dogs loved these crunchy dog twists!
As usual, my dogs seem to know when I ‘m baking them treats. They really loved these and crunched them right up. Coming back for more.
Here’s Pepper, the Yorkie. She was dancing and jumping up, trying to get to her freshly baked twist!
This is Duke, the Mutt mix. He was standing next to the tray of treats, and approached them slowly. He was taking his time, trying not to get caught.
Hennessy, the Husky mix, wouldn’t let go of her treat!
Crunchy Dog Twists – Makes 1 1/2 dozen twists
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 (1 oz.) package unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons bacon or sausage drippings (room temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 3 cups all purpose flour
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Grab a large baking sheet, and line with non-stick cooking mat. Or spray, with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the warm water and unflavored gelatin, mix until the gelatin has dissolved. ( I used a 2 cup glass measuring cup.) Once the gelatin has dissolved, stir in the drippings and honey. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and gelatin mixture. Use your hands and knead into a dough.
Step Two: Flour the counter, and place the dough on top of flour. Sprinkle flour on top of dough. Flatten out the dough with your hands, and smooth out. Use a rolling pin, to roll out the dough. Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Use a pizza cutter, to slice 1 inch strips. Grab one strip at a time, and twist. Place the twisted strip on the baking sheet. You can place them close together, they won’t spread. Baked in the preheated oven, for 45 minutes. Allow to completely cool, before giving to your dogs. I like to keep treats on the baking sheet over-night. Making sure they’re fully cool and dry, before storing.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016