Calling all peanut fans… These double peanut cookies, are for you! Packed with roasted peanuts and chocolate covered peanuts!
Grab the peanuts! Time to bake, a batch of double peanut cookies.
I grabbed a bag of chocolate covered peanuts, from the store. I had planned on using them, in a recipe. On the way home, I couldn’t help myself. I tore open the bag, and grabbed a handful. I regret, nothing! Anyway… this behavior continued, throughout the week. I stopped myself, from eating the rest of them. I was able to save, 1 cup. I had exactly 1 cup of roasted peanuts, in the pantry. I combined them, to make these cookies. If you like peanuts, you will like these cookies.
Kid approved cookies…
Landon(5 year old): “What kind of cookies did you make, Mom?”
Me: “Double peanut cookies.”
Landon: “Oh, can I try one?”
Me: “Yes, of course. Tell me what you think. Pick the one you want”
I hold out, the cookie sheet. Landon looks at each cookie, trying to make a decision. Finally, he grabs for one.
Landon (Takes a bite): “Mmmm..mmm”
Me: “Are they good? Do you like them?”
Landon: “No, I don’t like them… I love them! These are so good! Good job, Mom!”
Me (smiling): “Glad you like them.”
Landon: “Can I have another one, please?”
Great for packing, in lunches. Landon, was happy to find a cookie, in his lunch box!
Double Peanut Cookies – Makes 1 1/2 dozen (2 Tablespoon sized, cookies)
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate covered peanuts
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the softened butter and both sugars, together. Add the egg and vanilla extract, whisk well. Make sure, the egg is fully incorporated. Add the baking soda, and flour. Mix well. Stir in, the roasted peanuts and chocolate covered peanuts.
Step Two: Scoop out 2 Tablespoons of cookie dough, and shape into a ball. Place about 1 1/2 inches apart, on non-stick baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven, for 11 – 12 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool on baking sheet. Can be stored in an air-tight container, at room temperature.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016