We love these adorable easy mini scones! Our son, Landon, couldn’t stop eating these. I have to admit, I couldn’t stop eating these too. Wouldn’t these look great at your next breakfast or brunch gathering? They pair up nicely with coffee or tea.
You can easily pile them on your plate and enjoy. They have a soft and fluffy texture to them, with a slightly sweet taste. Dipped in an easy glaze and topped with colored sugar. You can top with colored sugar, like I did. Or, use any type of sprinkles you have on hand in the house. They can even be plain without any sprinkles.
This recipe is really easy to make. Just a short list of ingredients that you normally have in your home already. And for the glaze you need powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla. Very simple ingredients to make a batch of these.
These have just enough sweetness to keep you wanting more.
You will have a ton of mini scones on hand, after making a batch. It would be a perfect idea to share with people around you. You could bring in a plate to work!
When I make this scone recipe, people really enjoy them! We made them mini sized, so we could share with our neighbors. We were going out-of-town for the weekend. We were leaving two of the dogs home and wanted to let our neighbors know.
The dogs have a doggie door, to go in and out of the house. My husband’s grandparents were going to come by and feed the dogs. So, I baked up a batch of mini scones and handed them out to our neighbors with our contact info. They were happy to keep an eye on our house and dogs.
The house and dogs were fine. No mess or accidents inside the house! That’s always great to come home to!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed and chilled (half a stick)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 milk
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get out baking sheets. Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk the milk, egg and vanilla together. Set aside.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt). Cut in the cubed, chilled butter to the flour mixture (I use my hand to mix it all together). Add the milk mixture and mix until dough forms. If dough is still sticky add a Tablespoon of flour at a time.
- Once dough is formed, flour your work surface to roll out dough. Take half of the dough and roll out to a 10 inch x 8 inch rectangle. Cut into 2 in squares. Diagonally cut the squares in half, to make triangles. Neatly place the triangles onto cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the other half of dough. Re-shape left over pieces in to dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool completely.
- Whisk all the glaze ingredients in medium bowl, except milk. Slowly add the milk to reach desired consistency. If glaze is too runny add more powdered sugar. If glaze is too thick add a little more milk. You don't want the glaze to be really runny and not stick to the scones.
- Once the scones have completely cooled, dip or drizzle the top part of scones with the glaze. Set the scones over a wire rack to allow glaze to drip off. Sprinkle the tops with your sprinkles, while the glaze is still wet. Allow the glaze to set for 30 - 45 minutes before stacking or placing on platter.
It could be a fun time in the kitchen with the kids! You can take turns drizzling the icing and sprinkles. Landon like to handle the sprinkles on things.
Have fun and enjoy some easy mini scones!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016