Get ready to sink your teeth, into these delicious peanut butter brownies. Peanut butter is mixed into the batter and in the frosting. With help from a box mix and your favorite canned frosting. M&M’s are optional!
** No oil or butter is used.
If your looking for a “skinny” brownie, just leave off the frosting.
If your a chocolate + peanut butter + M&M fan… These will disappear fast!
Easy Peanut Butter Brownies.
So, the boxed brownie mixes were on sale. I grabbed a couple boxes just to have on hand. Along with a can of frosting.
Pumpkin puree and creamy peanut butter, take the place of oil. You can’t taste the pumpkin puree. The brownies themselves, would be considered “skinny.” But…don’t they look so much more fun with frosting? I added peanut butter to the frosting, and heated it up in the microwave. Which can be poured over the cooled brownies.
They look so fancy!
We couldn’t wait to dig into these bad boys! Here’s a picture of my son and I, on Instagram. We were taste testing these easy peanut butter brownies.
Easy Peanut Butter Brownies – Makes a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- 1 (18.3 oz.) box of brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with foil. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brownie mix, eggs, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until all ingredients have formed a batter. Pour into the lined pan. Bake in the preheated oven, for 28 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted the middle comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool.
Step Two: Combine the can of chocolate frosting with 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir to combine. Pour over the cooled brownies. Spread evenly over the brownies. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016