Quick and easy vegan banana muffins, to start your day! Made with body nourishing ingredients.
Easy Vegan Banana Muffins
I was out of eggs, when I made these muffins. We had the ripe bananas that needed to be used. So, I gave it a shot and mixed up the ingredients to see how they would turn out. They smelled really good baking in the oven! I was hoping they would turn out OK. Our son, couldn’t wait to try one. After they were finished baking, and cooled enough to pop out of the pan, we were eager to eat one. I was surprised, and reached for another muffin, just to make sure. I drizzled mine with raw honey – it was so good! Even our son, asked for more muffins.
No, we are not Vegan. This was a recipe that worked out as a Vegan recipe, and I wanted to share it. And we really enjoyed eating these muffins. I originally used raw honey in this recipe, and found out that honey wasn’t considered Vegan. So, on my next batch I removed the honey and used more brown sugar. These are mildly sweet, great with a hot beverage of your choice.
*Please note – these muffins are thick and dense.
Easy Vegan Banana Muffins – Makes 12 regular muffins
- 2 medium ripe bananas – mashed (1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (any nut milk will work)
- 1/4 cup warm coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar + 6 Tablespoons for topping
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour will work)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Spray the inside of a 12 cup muffin tin, with non-stick cooking spray.
Step Two: Whisk together the mashed banana, and coconut oil. Slowly, pour in the cashew milk. Add in the 1/2 cup brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar, whisk well. Stir in the baking powder, white whole wheat flour, and cinnamon. Stir until fully combined into banana mixture.
Step Three: Divide batter into the prepared 12 cup muffin tin. Sprinkle 1/2 Tablespoon of brown sugar over each muffin, before baking. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
Note: This recipe will produce a thick and dense muffin.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016