A beautiful fresh peach pie made with sweet peaches picked right off the tree.
Fresh Peach Pie
This fresh peach pie comes together pretty quick. I used my Easy Pie Crust recipe – which makes a double crust. It baked up perfectly!
You can get fancy with the top crust and make a lattice top, or cut out little shapes. You can also just lay the top crust and simply cut several slits to allow heat to escape. Either way it’ll be delicious!
Here’s what I did:
I peeled and sliced the peaches – measuring out 7 – 8 cups. I stirred in the lime juice and 1/4 cup of sugar. The peach mixture sat for 15 – 20 minutes (this will help some of the juices to run out and prevent the pie from being overly juicy).
Next, I made my easy pie crust (use your favorite crust recipe or store bought crust). I preheated the oven to 375 F degrees. I rolled out the bottom crust and placed into an 8 inch pie plate.
The peaches were drained to remove the juices (save the juice and use it to add into smoothies). I stirred in the remaining sugar, salt and corn starch. I placed the fresh peach pie filling on top of the bottom crust. I dotted the filling with butter. Rolled out the top crust and cut out strips using a pizza cutter, to make the lattice top. Using milk, or water, brush along the edges of pie to adhere the top crust.
Before baking the pie, I lined a baking sheet with foil and placed the pie on top (this will catch any spills and make clean up easier). The pie was baked in the preheated oven for 1 hour. I allowed the pie to completely cool before slicing into. Once the pie cooled, I ate two big slices to make sure it was good. And it was good!
Fresh Peach Pie – Makes one 8 inch pie
- double crust (homemade or store bought) Here’s my recipe for Easy Pie Crust
- 7 – 8 cups freshly sliced peaches
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (lemon juice is fine)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon cubed butter
Step One: Place the peeled, pitted, and sliced peaches into a bowl. Add in the lime juice and 1/4 cup of sugar, mix well. Allow the peach and sugar mixture to sit for about 15 – 20 minutes (this allows the juices to run out). Drain the juices from peaches (save the juice to make smoothies with). This method will help the pie from becoming overly runny.
Step Two: Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Line an 8 inch pie plate with bottom crust, set aside.
Step Three: Stir in the remaining sugar, salt, and corn starch, to the drained peaches. Place the peach filling into pie plate lined with crust. Dot the peaches with diced butter. Use water of milk to brush around the edge of pie crust (this will help adhere the top crust). Place top crust over fresh peach pie filling. Trim and crimp edges. Make several slits on top crust (the slits act as a vent to allow heat to escape).
Step Four: Line a baking sheet with foil and place pie on top (this will catch any juices that overflow from the baking process and make clean up easier). Bake pie for 1 hour. Allow pie to completely cool before slicing into. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016