Fried Banana Bread?!
Oh yeah! Let’s fry up some banana bread! I used my Healthy Banana Bread recipe, and decided to fry some up. Dusted the tops with a cinnamon and sugar mixture. A little icing drizzle to top it off. Doesn’t it look so pretty? Serve with fresh fruit and you have the perfect brunch! Or an afternoon snack.
Our five year old son, Landon, loved this! What’s not to love? Banana bread.. Cinnamon and sugar.. and a little icing. And don’t forget about those strawberries and cantelope.
There’s really not a recipe…
There really isn’t a “recipe” more of a procedure. Yeah, let’s go with that.
To make this fried banana bread, you need banana bread slices. Left over banana bread is perfect! Slice any banana bread loaf, into preferred slices. Not too thin, or it might fall apart. Heat up a non-stick skillet pan or fry pan, on a low-medium heat.
Think like.. making a grilled cheese sandwich. Spread butter on each side of the slices. Then place in heated pan. Cook slices until browned and a nice crust is formed. Flip over and cook the other side. Place fried banana bread slices on a wired rack, so the bottom doesn’t get soggy. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top. Icing drizzle is optional.
Oh my… oh my… Looks like a plate of deliciousness!
What a great looking snack. A nice hot cup of tea is perfect!
Fried Banana Bread
- banana bread slices – ( I used my Healthy Banana Bread Recipe)
- softened butter or butter spread
- icing drizzle (recipe follows)
Step One: Heat up a non-stick skillet, on a low-med heat. Spread the banana bread slices (front and back) with softend butter of butter spread. Cook in heated pan until browned and a nice crust has formed. About 3 – 5 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 3 -5 minutes. Place on a wired rack, to prevent the bottoms from getting soggy. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Allow to cool, before adding the icing drizzle. If you add the icing drizzle while the bread is too warm, the icing will just get absorbed and make the bread soggy.
Cinnamon and sugar mixture: 1/2 cup sugar + 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix together.
Icing drizzle: 1/2 cup powdered sugar + 1 Tablespoon milk, mix together until smooth.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016