These popcorn bars are a mix between, rice krispie treats and popcorn balls. Gooey, sticky, and marshmallow goodness! They also, get sprinkled with sea salt. Hits that sweet and salty craving.
Funfetti Marshmallow Popcorn Bars.
We’ve been making a lot of fresh popcorn, lately. It’s such a great snack! With all the popcorn making, I decided to try something different. I also, needed to use up a bag of mini marshmallows. And that’s how these bars came about! They’re sticky, chewy, sweet and salty. Let’s not forget about the funfetti part! I think they tasted better, the next day.
A great, no-bake treat!
You’ll need: 12 cups of popped popcorn, 1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows, 2 Tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 Tablespoons sprinkles, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Line an 8×8 inch pan (or 9×9 inch pan), with parchment paper. Place the popped popcorn, in a very large mixing bowl. In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows, over a low heat. Stirring frequently. Once the marshmallows have melted, turn off heat and add the vanilla. Pour the marshmallow mixture over popped popcorn, toss in the sprinkles. Stir quickly, to coat popcorn. Press into the lined pan. Sprinkle the salt on top. You can add more sprinkles on top, if desired.
Once the popcorn bars have cooled and set, use a hot knife, to cut into bars.
Funfetti Marshmallow Popcorn Bars – Makes an 8 x 8, or 9 x 9 inch pan
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles + extra to add on top
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt ( I used fine sea salt)
Step One: Line an 8 x 8, or 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Place the popcorn in a large mixing bowl. Use a large saucepan, to melt the butter and marshmallow. Melt over a low heat, stirring frequently. (Don’t walk away, the bottom will burn and ruin the marshmallow mixture.) Once the marshmallows have melted, turn off heat and add the vanilla. Pour the marshmallow mixture over popped popcorn, toss in the sprinkles. Stir quickly, to coat popcorn. (Mixture will be sticky. Just like rice krispie treats.) Press into the lined pan. You can use a piece of parchment paper, to press them into pan. Sprinkle the salt on top. You can add more sprinkles on top, if desired. Can be stored in an air-tight container, on the counter. Enjoy!
Note: To cut bars – Use a hot knife, by running under hot water. Wipe water off knife with kitchen towel, and cut into bars. Continue this process, until you have finished cutting bars.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016