Jumbo sized! Funfetti Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins are a healthy breakfast treat!
These have become our new favorite muffins! A delicious dollop of Nutella, gets twirled around over the tops of each banana muffin. Creating a tasty, chocolate hazelnut flavor in each and every bite. And… Don’t forget about the fun, colorful pinch of sprinkles over the tops!
Funfetti Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins
Just look at these muffins! How could you not reach for one? I made them Jumbo, because who doesn’t want a big bakery style muffin? Especially, if a chocolate hazelnut spread is involved. The Nutella bakes into a sweet crunchy topping on the muffins.
Don’t worry, you won’t feel guilty eating one of these. I made them with white whole wheat flour, and less sugar. The entire recipe has only 4 Tablespoons of butter.
Inspired by: My Jumbo Funfetti Banana Muffins – Which is another fun recipe to make and use up ripe bananas.
Funfetti Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins – Makes 6 Jumbo Muffins
- 4 Tablespoons butter – melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups white whole wheat flour (all purpose flour will work fine)
- 1/2 cup Nutella – warm
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons jimmy sprinkles
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Spray a 6 cup jumbo, muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Or, use jumbo baking cups, to line the tins.
STEP TWO: Whisk together the melted butter, and sugar. Add in the milk, and vanilla, crack in the egg – whisk together well. Now, whisk in the mashed bananas to incorporate into batter. Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and white whole wheat flour. Combine everything well.
STEP THREE: Evenly, divide the batter into the jumbo baking tins. For each muffin: scoop out 1 Tablespoon of warm Nutella, and place on top. Use a toothpick to swirl the Nutella into each muffin. Add the sprinkles on top of each muffin, before baking. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016