Snowball cookies are such a fun and delicious cookie. They just scream “holiday season”! How about funfetti snowball cookies! Covered in powdered sugar with a sprinkled surprise inside. Made with white whole wheat flour, and very simple ingredients.
These funfetti snowball cookies would be a great neighbor gift to give. They come together so fast, you can make the dough ahead of time, to store in the refrigerator. When you need to make a fresh batch you’ll have the dough ready to bake. Would also be great as a hostess gift, teacher gift, or just to share with loved ones.
Funfetti Snowball Cookies – Makes about 5 dozen
- 2 sticks butter or maragine – softened
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- powdered sugar
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Cream the softend butter or margarine and the sugar together. Add the vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, one cup at a time and combine well. Add the almonds and sprinkles to the dough. Use your hands to fully combine ingredients. Form the dough into ping pong ball sized cookies.
STEP TWO: Place on non-stick cookie sheet, an inch apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10 -15 minutes, until the bottoms are a nice golden brown. Allow cookies to slightly cool. Place about 2 cups of powerded sugar into a large bowl. While still a little warm roll cookies into powdered sugar, until fully coated. Makes about 5 dozen cookies, depending on how big your dough balls are.
Note: Dough can be stored in fridge or freezer. If using all butter and storing in refrigerator, the dough will become very hard. You need to give yourself plenty of time to allow dough to come to room temperature.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016