An old family recipe that we love! Buttery, sweet, and delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Grammy Hunter’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I fell in love with these cookies, when I met my husband, and visited his family – for the first time. That was about 13 years ago. Grammy Hunter’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have been in my husband’s family for many years before me, and will continue to be in our family. Family recipes are always cherished. I hope your family will enjoy them as much as we do!
The best part is how easy they are to whip up! I always have these ingredients on hand. The three of us can easily eat this whole batch, we love them!
Grammy Hunter’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – Makes about 1 1/2 dozen (2 Tablespoon sized cookies)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick – room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup oats (I use quick oats)
- 1/2 cup nuts *optional
- 1 (6 oz) package chocolate chips (3/4 cup)
Step One: Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line cookie sheet with a non-stick baking mat, or parchment paper.
Step Two: Whisk together the egg, sugar, brown sugar, water, room temperature butter, and vanilla. Whisk well.
Step Three: Add in the baking soda, salt, flour. Stir in the oatmeal, chocolate chips, and nuts( if using).
Step Four: Scoop out 2 Tablespoons of dough, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Or, until the edges have become lightly golden. Allow cookies to cool before removing from pan.
Note: Each oven is different – adjust oven temps and baking time according to your oven.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016