This is one delicious and healthy banana bread recipe.
This recipe has only 2 Tablespoons of oil. Along with.. vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground flax seeds and triple “w” flour. The triple “w” flour, is white whole wheat flour. I use triple “w” flour in a lot of my recipes. I’ve used it in brownies, cookies, breads and muffins. It has all the nutritional benefits like regular whole wheat flour.
This healthy banana bread is very moist and full of flavor. Our five year old son, Landon, really enjoyed this banana bread.
For more delicious banana bread recipes, check out my Breads and Muffins section.
A banana bread conversation…
When our bananas start to get really ripe, our son, will always suggest that I make banana bread. I asked our son, Landon, if he would like a piece of banana bread. He did. He also, wanted it to be warm. I heated up a slice for him. As I handed him the plate, he started to study the slice. I was a little worried he wasn’t going to eat it.
Here’s our conversation about this healthy banana bread:
Landon: “Mom, what’s in this banana bread?”
Me: “Um.. bananas.”
Landon: “No, what else is in it? Like.. what’s inside it?”
Me: “Vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, flax seeds and…”
Landon nodding his head: “Ok.. Flax seeds?? How about baking powder?”
Me: “Yes, it has baking powder. Is it good? Do you like it?”
Landon looks up with a serious look: “Yes! It’s sooo good! Can I take some to school for a snack?”
Me: “Ok, good and it’s healthy for you too!”
Whew…kid approved! (smiling)
Try toasting it in the toaster and spread butter on one side. So good!
Healthy Banana Bread – Makes one standard loaf
- 2 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon corn starch
Step One: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla yogurt, and sugar. Once those ingredients are combined, mix in the vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Whisk together very well. Add in the dry ingredients: cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground flax seeds, both flours and corn starch. Whisk well and make sure all the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
Step Two: Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place loaf pan on a baking sheet, incase of over flow. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016