Homemade caramel sauce is pretty awesome! There are tons of different recipes for homemade caramel sauce. Lots of great caramel sauce recipes to make!
I remember my mom (Hi Mom!), always making a large batch of homemade caramel, for caramel apples. My job was to stand over the stove to stir, stir and stir some more. Most of the time it would cook to the perfect consistency for sticking to the apples. When it didn’t set up properly, we would dip apples in it! That sauce is really delicious! It did take some time over the stove to cook. I may have to get her recipe for the caramel sauce she would always make.
This recipe is a quick way to prepare homemade caramel sauce. That takes less time and tastes really good!
I basically, eat this by the spoonfuls. If you’re not a caramel sauce, spoon eating kind of person… I’m sure you can think of other ways to use it. But..I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to resist this caramel sauce by the spoonful!
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter (4 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
STEP ONE: Place the butter, brown sugar, milk and baking soda into a medium saucepan. Cook on med-low heat and stir occasionally until thickened. This is an average of 5 minutes. A good way to test thickness is to make sure the sauce thickly coats the back of a spoon. You don’t want it to just run off of spoon. Make sure to stir, around the bottom sides of the pan. Once thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool. Can store in fridge when not in use.
NOTE: When ready to use from the fridge, you can heat in microwave. Heat in 30 second intervals, until melted. Be Careful when removing from microwave, the container may be hot.
If caramel sauce is still a little runny once cooled, just place back on stove (on med – low high) and cook until it gets thicker.
Get in the kitchen and bake some Memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016