Homemade vanilla creamer is great! I love it in my tea and coffee! Also great in warm milk, for the kids. Our son always tries to steal my sweetened coffee! So, I just heat up some milk and add the creamer. That way he doesn’t feel left out and he thinks it’s coffee. Brilliant.. I know!
I do have my favorite name brand, coffee creamers. But, this recipe happened because we ran out of creamer and didn’t want to make a trip to the store. You know how that goes.
I already had all the ingredients and decided to whip up some homemade vanilla creamer. Also, saved a trip to the store, win-win.
I enjoy my coffee on the sweet side and sometimes make my own latte, by adding milk.
I never used to be a big coffee drinker. Then, I became pregnant and all of a sudden craved coffee. Pregnancy does some crazy things! For example, right before I found out I was pregnant, I worked in a cookie bakery. I loved coming in to work and baking fresh cookies everyday. The smell of fresh baking cookies is a wonderful thing. All of a sudden, the smell of cookies made me extremely nauseous! This had never happened before! That day or a few days later, I found out I was pregnant. While pregnant, I couldn’t stand the smell of sweets! But I craved Mexican food like crazy!
Now, just recently my husband has jumped on the coffee train. We both like the flavored coffees with the flavored creamers. This homemade vanilla creamer works well, too.
Excuse me, while I fix myself a cup and pour a few shots of homemade vanilla creamer.
(Takes a sip…Ahh.)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (use your preferred type of milk)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Make sure it's nice and smooth.
- Pour into any container and store in the refrigerator.
- Makes about 3 3/4 cups. Enough to fill a 32 fl oz (1 qt) container. You can re-use the store bought coffee creamer container.
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016