Homemade vanilla cupcakes with homemade buttercream icing!
How could you go wrong with vanilla cupcakes? Confession: I shoved two cupcakes in my mouth after they came out of the oven. I did allow them to cool a bit, but had to check out the taste and texture. The next day, I tried a cupcake with homemade buttercream frosting and was so happy with the final result! In the past, when I tried to bake homemade vanilla cupcakes, the texture wasn’t what I wanted. The cupcakes would always come out with a dry, dense and coarse texture. But… these are soft, fluffy and wonderful!
Use your favorite frosting or icing to top these cupcakes. A simple and tasty buttercream frosting recipe is listed below for you. The frosting is made with butter, powdered sugar, milk and little more corn starch. Combine until you form a smooth frosting.
Reasons to bake these homemade vanilla cupcakes…
Let’s see… I would suggest baking these cupcakes for birthday’s, baby shower, dinner parties, baby boy’s first birthday, baby girl’s first birthday, Valentine’s day, your child’s school party, bbq’s, on Monday’s or just because. Any reason you can think of will be a great one, for homemade vanilla cupcakes.
I highly recommend using pastry flour for these cupcakes and sifting it into the batter. The pastry flour really gives the cupcakes a soft and fluffy texture. I have found that all-purpose flour gives cupcakes a heavy and dense texture.
Sprinkles… And of course add any type of sprinkles to dress up your cupcakes!
Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes – Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour – sifted
Step One: Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and place twelve cupcake liners in a cupcake tin, set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the canola oil, vanilla, egg, milk and sugar together. Making sure to fully combine these ingredients. Add in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch and sift in the flour. Mix for 1 minute, until the flour is fully incorporated and a smooth batter has formed.
Step Two: Evenly scoop out 1/4 cup of batter into prepared cupcake tins. Bake in the preheated 400 F degree oven for 10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 350 F degrees and bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Allow to fully cool before frosting.
- 2 sticks salted butter – room temperature
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Step One: Combine all the frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk them all together until a smooth frosting is formed. If you want the icing to be thicker add a little more powdered sugar. If you would like the icing thinner, add a little more milk.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016