Individual chocolate cake parfaits are a fast and easy dessert. I used left-over chocolate cake, from my chocolate cake recipe. I made my chocolate cake and then cut out individual little cakes. I had some pieces left over and decided to make those into parfaits. Using fresh homemade whipped cream and chocolate syrup to drizzle over the layers.
When you have left-over cake, turn it into a delicious parfait. It’s just a fun and different way to finish off that cake sitting on the counter. Makes a great treat for Halloween. Get out those cute Halloween sprinkles and generously sprinkle them on top.
These individual chocolate cake parfaits would make a nice “date night” dessert. You wouldn’t have to share.
You could make them into mini parfaits, for the next party or get together. Mini parfaits would make an adorable set up on the dessert table. Although, I may have to come back for a second one. But… who’s counting, right? Grab a spoon and get ready to dig in!
I’m really excited for October! That means my favorite show “The Walking Dead” is going to start back up. My brother, Mike, introduced me to the show in 2010. (Hi, Mike!) It’s about a sheriff, who wakes from a coma and finds out that the city has been over run by flesh-eating zombies. He seeks his family and other survivors. The show is based off the comic book and has been a top rated show. It’s still going strong and I can’t wait! If you can catch a “Walking Dead” marathon, you should watch it. You have to start from the beginning to learn about the characters. I would love to just hang out on the couch and watch all the season marathons. But, I have a 5 year old and he can’t watch that show.
One year for Halloween, I was able to dress up my family into zombie hunters. I did the make-up on my husband, son and myself. We had a lot of people comment on our costumes. Here are some pictures to get you in the Halloween spirit.
Ha ha! That’s great!
Ok, back to the recipe for individual chocolate cake parfaits.
Individual Chocolate Cake Parfaits
- Left-over cake or my chocolate cake recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Chocolate syrup
Step one: Whip the heavy whipping cream into soft peaks, add the sugar. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Step two: Grab four large glasses. Drizzle chocolate syrup on the bottom of each glass. Add cake pieces and whipped cream. Drizzle more chocolate syrup, add more cake pieces, top with more whipped cream.
Step three: Repeat process with the rest of the glasses. Store in the refrigerator.
Makes: 4 parfaits
Get in the kitchen and bake some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016