Easy, healthy, and loaded with pumpkin puree! These jumbo whole grain pumpkin muffins are made with white whole wheat flour. This recipe is also low fat, and made with less sugar. But… So. Delicious!
* They pair up nicely, with a smoothie – for an on-the-go breakfast. They’re also perfect with a tall glass of milk, for an afternoon snack, too!
Jumbo Whole Grain Pumpkin Muffins
These pumpkin muffins get baked with wholesome, white whole wheat flour (I love baking with white whole wheat flour). Along with 1 cup of nutritious, pumpkin puree. Then the tops get a little sprinkling of brown sugar, for a sweet crunch. Plus, they’re very easy to mix up. With simple, pantry staple ingredients, you can have them baking in the oven in no time. So… let’s get this muffin party started!
Here’s what I did:
I gathered all the ingredients, and placed them on the counter. I whisked together the milk, egg, canola oil, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar. I made sure that those ingredients were nicely blended. I added in the baking soda, baking powder, and white whole wheat flour. Whisking until everything has been incorporated. I sprayed a jumbo(6 cup) muffin pan, with non-stick cooking spray. I evenly poured the batter into the prepared muffins tins. Topped each muffin with 1/2 Tablespoon of brown sugar, before baking. I baked them in a 400 F degree oven, for 15 minutes. Then, I turned the temperature down to 350 F degrees, and baked for 10 – 12 minutes.
Jumbo Whole Grain Pumpkin Muffins – Makes 6 jumbo muffins
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar – for the topping
Step One: Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Spray a 6 cup, jumbo, muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. Whisk together the milk, egg, canola oil, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar. Whisk until blended. Add in the baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Whisk until everything has been incorporated, and a batter has formed.
Step Two: Evenly, distribute the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Top each muffin with 1/2 Tablespoon of brown sugar, before baking. Bake at 400 F degrees, for 15 minutes. Turn down the heat to 350 F degrees, and bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Allow muffins to slightly cool, and gently remove from the pan. Place on wired cooling rack, to completely cool.
Note: This recipe produces very filling and satisfying muffins. That are not too sweet.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016