A lighter peach cobbler, that is full of flavor! LOTS of fresh peaches are coated in brown sugar and cinnamon. With a tasty, whole wheat batter baked on top.
We have 6 cups of freshly sliced peaches, in this cast iron pan. Straight off the peach tree!
Lighter Peach Cobbler
Loaded with peaches, and only 4 Tablespoons of butter, you won’t feel guilty eating some. Plus, a white whole wheat batter gets mixed up and poured on top. You’ll get a healthy dose of fruit and whole grains in one serving.
Here’s what I did: Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. I sprayed a 9 inch cast iron pan, with non-stick cooking spray. I peeled and sliced, 6 cups of peaches (6 large peaches). I placed the peaches into the cast iron pan, mixed in brown sugar and cinnamon. Dotted butter over the peach mixture. In a separate bowl, I mixed together milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and white whole wheat flour. I poured this mixture over the peaches, and baked for 45 minutes.
Cinnamon really helps to flavor the peaches and the batter. Since the batter has cinnamon, it will bake a darker color. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream!
It’s what I had for breakfast. With all of those peaches, and a whole wheat topping – I would consider this a breakfast food!
Lighter Peach Cobbler – Makes a 9 inch cast iron skillet
- 6 cups freshly peeled and sliced peaches
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Step One: Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Grease a 9 inch cast iron skillet. Place the peaches into the greased cast iron skillet. Mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot the butter over the peach mixture.
Step Two: Mix together the topping ingredients, in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the topping over the peach mixture, in the pan. Place in the preheated oven, and bake for 45 minutes. Best served warm. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016