Time to make these Mandarin Orange Biscotti cookies!
Coffee and mandarin orange biscotti break!
Do you need a coffee break? These biscotti cookies are crunchy, with a hint of orange flavor. Great for dunking! You’ll get a very light and delicate flavor, from the mandarins. The juice and rind are used in this biscotti recipe. The dough smells really good! They bake up into a lightly golden color, with tiny flecks of orange rind in each biscotti cookie. Looks like a perfect coffee break!
For another delicious biscotti cookie recipe, check out these vanilla cake batter biscotti.
Combine ingredients to make a cookie dough. Form the dough into two loaves. Roughly, 11 – 15 inches long and 3 – 4 inches wide. Leave plenty of space in between the loaves, they will puff up and spread out. Use a non-stick cooking mat. Bake the the loaves for 25 minutes and allow to slightly cool.
Slice the loaves into 3/4 inch slices, with a serrated knife. Lay the biscotti cookies on their sides and bake for 11 minutes. Flip them to the other side and bake another, 11 minutes. After the baking process, allow to completely cool.
My husband isn’t a big “sweets” fan, he kept sneaking these and eating them.
Mandarin Orange Biscotti
- 4 Tablespoons butter – softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons mandarin orange rind (from 2 oranges) – finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons mandarin orange juice (from 2 oranges)
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Get out a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking mat, set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, mandarin orange juice and rind (Not the skin. Just the outer orange part of skin, not the white part.), mix well. Stir in the baking powder, salt and flour. Stir, until a dough forms.
STEP TWO: Form the dough into two loaves. The loaves should be roughly 11 – 15 inches long and 3 – 4 inches wide. Leave plenty of space in between the loaves, they will puff up and spread. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Once the 25 minutes is up, allow the loaves to cool enough to handle. Slice the loaves into 3/4 inch slices. Place cut biscotti’s on their sides and bake for 11 minutes. Flip them and bake another 11 minutes. Allow to fully cool. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016