Magic bars are truly magic! They bake up into gooey, creamy, delicious bars!
So good… Like, make yourself sick good!
Do I have your attention now? You know you want a bite!
These Marshmallow pretzel chocolate magic bars are lightened up. Made with only four Tablespoons of butter! Applesauce is used to take place of some butter. You can’t tell that these are lightened up at all!
The first thing to do is add the melted butter, applesauce, and chocolate cake mix together and press into a foil lined 13 x 9 inch pan. Sprinkle the pretzels, butterscotch chips and the semi sweet chocolate chips over top. Follow with the marshmallows. I used the large marshmallows and tore them in half.
Now the magic part.. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top. The sweetened condensed milk brings the ingredients together and forms a delicious caramel layer. Good Stuff!
To add some color, we will add mini m&m’s!
Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Allow to completely cool before removing from pan and cutting.
Next time, I would break up or crush the pretzels for easier cutting.
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious treat to bake, try these.
I made these bars for a summer BBQ, but we never made it. We were so wore out from a BBQ the day before. We ended up staying home and had a whole batch of these staring at me. I had my share of these bars and needed to give them away. I’m pretty sure that I had a plate of these for lunch, that day. Don’t tell anyone! I know you would do the same if you were put in that situation. I just know.
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter (half a stick) - melted
- 1/4 cup natural applesauce
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows ( I used the big marshmallows and tore in half)
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chips
- 1 cup broken or crushed mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup mini m&m's
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil. Lightly spray the foil lined pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, applesauce and cake mix. Form into a dough and press into the bottom of the foil- lined pan.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows, pretzels, chocolate and butterscotch chips over the cake dough. Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk over top, evenly. Sprinkle the mini m&m's over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Allow to fully cool before removing from pan.
- Once cooled, use the foil ends to remove from pan. Cut into 2 inch bars.
Go start lining your baking pan and make these marshmallow pretzel chocolate magic bars. Say that three times fast!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016