A tasty warm drink gets turned into a delicious bread. This mexican hot chocolate banana bread will become a favorite in your home.
I had ripe bananas on the counter and of course, banana bread is a great way to use them up. I had a different recipe in mind, at first. As Landon and I, were sipping on hot chocolate, an idea hit me. What about “hot chocolate” banana bread? Ok… how about “mexican” hot chocolate banana bread? Sounds like a plan! And then I went to work and produced this recipe! Just a fun and different way to make banana bread. Mexican hot chocolate banana bread has only 2 Tablespoons of oil in the entire loaf!
Mexican hot chocolate memories. My grandmother would make a large batch of mexican hot chocolate, for us during the holidays. She would serve it in a mexican clay pitcher. We would pretty much finish that pitcher because it’s really good. Mexican hot chocolate, is hot chocolate with a hint of cinnamon added. You can even find “Abuelita” hot chocolate mixes or tablets, in the store made by Nestle. Very tasty drink. Now you get the flavors in a banana bread!
Whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, milk chocolate chips, cinnamon and marshmallows are all combined in this banana bread. The marshmallows in the batter, melt into the bread when baked. A great way to use up those marshmallows in the pantry. This banana bread tastes good warm.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Banana Bread – Makes 1 standard loaf
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas – mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup pastry flour – (all-purpose flour will work)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips + a handful to add on top, before baking.
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside. Whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add the mashed bananas and combine well. Whisk in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Add both flours and whisk until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
STEP TWO : Pour batter into greased loaf pan and sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips over the top before baking. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing into.
Get in the kitchen and Bake up some Memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016