Milk chocolate candy bars get chopped into tidbits, and mixed into a cookie dough. The cookie dough base, gets a healthy dose of sifted white whole wheat flour. Individual pieces of cookie dough get topped with more milk chocolate chunks! Grab a glass of milk, and let’s eat cookies!
Whole grains that look this good… You’re doing it right!
All in favor of Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies…?
We had extra milk chocolate bars, left over from making s’mores and my Brownie S’mores(*drool*). I was in the mood to bake cookies, and wanted to use those chocolate bars. Glad I did… AND not so glad that I did. I can’t stop eating them!
I cut back on the brown sugar and regular sugar. So the cookies aren’t overly sweet with the milk chocolate. And make sure to sift the flours. The sifting helps to make sure the cookies aren’t heavy.
Oh and the delicious smell of fresh baked cookies! Who doesn’t love that smell?
Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Makes 2 dozen (Heaping 1 Tablespoon cookies)
- 1 stick butter – melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour – sifted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour – sifted
- 4 full size milk chocolate bars – coarsely chopped into small chunks (SAVE 1/3 cup for topping)
Step One: Preheat the oven to 325 F degrees. (Don’t wait until the last minute to preheat the oven. It needs to be hot.) In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars. Add in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Whip for 2 minutes, the mixture will become thick and creamy. Stir in the baking soda, salt, white whole wheat flour, and all-purpose flour. Stir well to combine.
Step Two: SAVE 1/3 cup of coarsely chopped milk chocolate bars. Stir in the remaining chopped milk chocolate. Scoop heaping Tablespoons of cookie dough out, and roll into balls. Place cookie dough 1 inch apart, on cookie sheet. Press pieces of chopped milk chocolate chunks onto cookie dough, before placing in oven. Bake 9 – 10 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 4 minutes, before transferring to wired cookie racks. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016