Another fun way to use those ripe bananas, that are sitting on the counter. This m&m nutella swirl banana bread was a success! The little guy, our 5 year old son, loved this bread! I cut the sugar down and used all white whole wheat flour in this recipe. You get a nice nutella swirl in the middle and on the top of this bread. Let’s not forget about the mini m&m’s that get melted into the bread while baking and sprinkled on top.
Here’s a shot right before baking. Look at that Nutella swirl.
How fun is this m&m nutella swirl banana bread?
The mini m&m’s just disolve into the batter and leave little colorful streaks in the bread. They add a pop of color to the top and a chocolate crunch. Landon has been asking for this bread to have for a snack, and he wants two pieces. He eats it right up and basically dances in his seat while eating it.
M&M Nutella Swirl Banana Bread – Makes on standard loaf
- 3 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup mini m&m’s + a handful for the top
- 1/4 cup nutella
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly spray a standard loaf pan (9×5) with cooking spray, set aside. In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour. Set the bowl aside.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl mix together the mashed bananas, egg, oil, vanilla, applesauce and sugar. Mix well and make sure everything is fully combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet banana mixture. Stir together untill no flour or lumps remain. Don’t over mix. Stir in the m&m’s.
STEP THREE: Melt the Nutella in a small bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave. You want the Nutella to be runny.
STEP FOUR: Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Drizzle half of the melted Nutella over the top. Swirl the Nutella with a butter knife or toothpick. Pour the remaining batter into the pan. Drizzle the rest of the melted Nutella over top and swirl with butter knife or toothpick. Sprinkle a handfull of mini m&m’s on top. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Halfway through baking, loosely cover the top with foil. Allow to cool.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016