My chewy molasses cookies have become – Molasses Nutella Sandwich Cookies! The combination is AWESOME!
Molasses Nutella Sandwich Cookies
After I baked a batch of my Chewy Molasses Cookies, I had a craving for Nutella. Well… Let me tell you how delicious these are! The flavors from the molasses cookies, and the creamy chocolatey Nutella, sandwiched between chewy cookies! Oh. My. Goodness! I couldn’t stop shoving my face with these sandwich cookies.
Molasses Nutella Sandwich Cookies – Makes 18 sandwich cookies
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- sugar (to roll cookie dough balls)
- 1 jar of Nutella (or any chocolate spread)
Step One: Combine the softened butter and brown sugar. Whisk in the egg, and molasses. Stir in the flour, baking soda, sea salt, ground cloves, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Make sure that all the ingredients have been incorporated.
Step Two: Chill the dough for 10 minutes. Place about 1/2 cup of sugar into a shallow bowl. Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Scoop out 1 Tablespoon of dough, and roll into balls. Roll each ball into the sugar, and place on a non-stick baking sheet (I use a non-stick silicone baking mat, on baking sheets). Space them 2 inches apart (they will spread).
Step Three: Bake them in the preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Allow cookies to slightly cool before placing onto wired cooling racks. Finish cooling on wired cooling racks.
Step Four: Once cookies have cooled completely, scoop out 1 Tablespoon of Nutella (or any chocolate spread), and place on the backside of a cookie. Place another cookie on top, and sandwich them together. Continue with remaining cookies. Can be stored in an air-tight container, on the counter. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016