Sweet juicy peaches, and plump blueberries are coated with golden honey. A simple topping gets mixed together and spread over the fruit mixture and baked to a delicate crisp.
Peach Blueberry Crisp
This peach blueberry crisp is very easy to make. Such a great way to use that summer fruit. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fluffy whipped cream. The leftovers make for a great breakfast too! Here’s a delicious breakfast idea, reheat a big scoop in the microwave and top with your favorite yogurt!
Here’s what I did:
I preheated the oven to 375 F degrees. And lightly greased the inside of of a 9 x 9 inch square pan.
I sliced 5 cups of fresh peaches and tossed in 2 cups of fresh blueberries. I drizzled 1/4 cup of raw honey over the fruit and gently mixed them together. I scooped the honey glazed fruit into the prepared pan.
In a separate bowl, I made the crisp topping. I combined the oats, white whole wheat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and diced butter together. I used my hands (a fork or pastry cutter can be used) to mix the ingredients together. Then I spread the topping over the top of the fruit in the pan. I baked the peach blueberry crisp in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Peach Blueberry Crisp – Makes one 9 x 9 inch pan
- 5 cups sliced peaches
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour is fine)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter or vegetable spread (diced)
Step One: Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 inch pan, set aside.
Step Two: Mix the sliced peaches, blueberries, and honey together. Scoop out the honey glazed fruit and place into the prepared pan (use a flat edge spatula to scrape out bowl).
Step Three: In a separate bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the diced butter/vegetable spread with a fork, pastry cutter, or your hands – until the mixture has a coarse and crumble-like texture. Spread the crisp topping over the fruit mixture in the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or when the topping is a golden brown color.
- Canned peaches can be used. Drain them first before using.
- Frozen blueberries can used. Allow them to thaw to room temperature, before using.
- To dice the butter – slice the cold butter into sections and slice each section into small squares.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
For another delicious peach recipe – check out my Lighter Peach Cobbler recipe.
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016