A very simple, homemade peach butter recipe. That uses 3 ingredients! A beautiful fruit butter, that is great on toast, oatmeal, yogurt, or cottage cheese. Great to bake with. Makes a wonderful gift, for that special someone in your life.
So easy to do. I used my crock-pot, and it came out great! You can double the recipe without any issues. Great for gift giving, freezing, or canning.
Here’s what I did: I peeled the peaches, and diced them. Placed them right into the crock-pot. I used 8 cups of freshly peeled and diced peaches. I added 1 cup of packed brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set the crock-pot on low, and cooked for 6 hours. I would lift the lid and stir the fruit, here and there. I mostly, just wanted to peek in and see how it looked. Of course, a little taste testing was in order. I came to the conclusion that it’s pretty darn good! After the 6 hours are up, I let the slow cooked fruit, slightly cool. I used my immersion blender to turn the fruit into a smooth and delicious fruit butter. I ended up with 5 cups of peach butter. I spooned the peach butter into clean jars with lids. I made sure the peach butter was completely cool, before placing in the refrigerator, or freezer.
Grab some peaches and make this easy and delicious peach butter!
Peach Butter – Makes 5 cups
- 8 cups diced fresh peaches (peeled)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Step One: Peel the skins off of peaches. Slice and dice peaches, until you have 8 cups (about 8 or 9 large peaches, or 13 -14 small peaches). Place them into a crock-pot. Mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set the crock-pot to low, and cook for 6 hours. Stir, occasionally.
Step Two: Allow the peach butter to slightly cool. Use an immersion blender, to blend the fruit and make a smooth fruit butter (you can also use a blender, or food processor). Place in jars and allow the peach butter to completely cool, before storing in the refrigerator. or freezer.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016