This peach ice cream is made with pureed peaches. Milk gets sweetened with sugar, and cooked to form a custard base. The custard base gets mixed with whipping cream and churned, for a soft serve style ice cream! We can’t forget to add some fun ice cream toppings!
Peach Ice Cream
Our Michigan weather has cooled down, but it won’t stop us from having ice cream! This was a delicious way to use the peaches that grew on our peach tree.
I used my ice cream maker for this recipe. We had delicious, peach infused, soft served style ice cream. It was very tasty!
For the ultimate peach experience, pair it with my lighter peach cobbler recipe.
Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups peaches – pureed or finely chopped
Step One: Beat eggs in a small bowl, set aside. Stir together the milk, sugar, and pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over a low – medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to lowest setting. Move pan away from heat, to add eggs.
Step Two: Slowly, add 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs (This step is crucial, we don’t want the eggs to “scramble” or get lumpy. The eggs need to be introduced to the hot milk, very slowly. We want the eggs to come up to the same temperature as the hot milk, before adding.) Add the egg mixture into the pan. Place the pan back on heat. Cook on low heat, until the mixture is slightly thickened. Stirring constantly, about 2 or 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, and store in plastic container. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Step Three: In a large mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream, vanilla, pureed or chopped peaches, and chilled mixture together. Pour into ice cream maker, and allow machine to run for 10 -15 minutes. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016