Delicious, and moist, peaches and cream muffins that are made with real fruit. A hint of cream gets blended into the batter. The muffins are topped off with sweet brown sugar, for a delicious crunch!
Peaches and Cream Muffins
Freshly chopped peaches, are pureed for a smooth fruit batter. Plus… the pureed fruit makes them kid friendly. Our 6 year old son, gobbled these down. He requested them for his future school lunches. I guess, I need to bake a new batch and stash them in the freezer! Between the in-laws, our son, and myself, we ate through the batch quick. So fast, that I had to make a fresh batch for pictures, a couple days later!
Here’s what the first batch looked like, from my Instagram account.
Here’s what I did: I peeled and chopped the peaches (You can use canned peaches. Make sure to drain them). I pureed the chopped peaches, until nice and smooth. Then in a mixing bowl, I added the pureed peaches, melted butter, sugar and heavy cream. I whisked them together. Added in the eggs, whisking well. Stir in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour. I sprayed a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. I spooned the batter into the 12 muffin tins. I sprinkled a little brown sugar over each muffin before baking. Baked in a 400 F degree oven for 10 minutes. Turned the heat down to 350 F degrees (don’t open the oven), and baked for 13 minutes. You can do the toothpick test, to check if the middle is fully baked.
Peaches and Cream Muffins – Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar (to sprinkle on top)
Step One: Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Puree the peaches, and pour into a mixing bowl. Add in the cooled melted butter, sugar, and heavy cream. Whisk well. Whisk in the eggs, until fully combined. Add in the pinch of salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Mix until fully combined.
Step Two: Evenly, divide the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar over each muffin, before baking. Bake in the preheated oven, for 10 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 F degrees, and bake for 13 minutes.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016