These peanut butter cake bars are fun and full of peanut butter flavor! Peanut butter is in the batter and you get peanut butter M&M’s, with peanut butter chips. My husband, came home with a bag of peanut butter m&m’s. I was going to bake something with them and ended up eating them, over the week. Oops! I had to buy another bag to make these peanut butter cake bars.
These are not brownies, they have a cake-like texture.
You get lots of yummy peanut butter flavor in each bite. Plus, these are made with whole white wheat flour.
This week, our son, was “star of the week” at school. In kindergarten, this is a big deal and means a lot to the kids. We worked on a poster to showcase in class and brought in toys to share with the class. The “star of the week” gets to be first in line, too. Very exciting for a five year old. We also brought in these peanut butter cake bars, to share with the class. Landon brought back an empty container, his class enjoyed them!
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE BARS – Makes A 9×9 Inch pan
- 1/4 cup butter Crisco – room temp
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter m&m’s
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Sprinkle on top:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter m&m’s
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9×9 inch pan with foil and grease the foil, set aside.
STEP TWO: Cream together the Crisco, apple sauce, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time until fully combined. Add in vanilla and peanut butter, mix well. Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips, m&m’s, and peanut butter chips.
STEP THREE: Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining m&m’s, peanut butter and chocolate chips on top. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting. Store in an air-tight container on the counter.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016