Peanut butter cup scones, for breakfast!
I would like to introduce… peanut butter cup scones! Soft and fluffy scones team up with peanut butter cups. Then get drizzled with a tasty peanut butter glaze. This is perfect for peanut butter lovers! The glaze itself, is really good. Grab a glass of milk and one of these peanut butter glazed beauties. And just enjoy the moment. Smile, that’s all.
Make sure to share, because you might eat them all! Seriously…
I like peanut butter cups and scones..
We were standing at Lowe’s, waiting for my husband. I glanced over and saw a large display of king size Reese’s peanut butter cups. I just had different ideas run through my head. I was going over ideas with our son, Landon. He came up with some good ideas, too. Then, I pictured a peanut butter cup in the middle of a scone. Yes.. that’s it! And let’s top it with a peanut butter glaze. When we came home, I went straight to the kitchen and started baking.
Tadaa! Exactly, what I had pictured.
Peanut butter cups!
Peanut Butter Cup Scones – makes 8 scones
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all- purpose flour- sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold and cubed butter – (4 Tablespoons)
- 8 regular sized Reese’s peanut butter cups
Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
Step One: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. In a glass measuring cup or small mixing bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla together, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sifted flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Using a pastry cutter or large fork, cut in the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture. You can switch to your hands and really squeeze in the butter. (The texture should be similar to moist sand.)
Step Two: Pour in the milk mixture and use a wooden spoon to mix together. A soft dough will form. Flour the counter, roll the dough into a 1/2 inch thickness. Use a round cutter, to cut out eight scones. (I used my biscuit cutter.) Re-roll and cut out any remaining scraps. Place on a large baking sheet. Unwrap eight peanut butter cups and remove the black liners. Place one peanut butter cup directly in the middle of each round scone. Gently press them down into the scones. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to fully cool on baking sheet.
Step Three: Once scones are cooled, make peanut butter glaze. Combine the peanut butter and butter in a micowave safe dish and microwave for 20 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until nice and creamy. Add the milk and powdered sugar to melted mixture. Stir to fully combine. Drizzle over the tops of scones. Enjoy!
Tip: For a neater drizzle – Scrape the finished glaze into a ziploc baggie. Snip off a tiny piece from one of the corners. Gently use pressure to squeeze out glaze over the tops of scones.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
Look at that cute smile! He love these peanut butter cup scones!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016